Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Resolutions

My mom was trying to figure out why New Year's was such a big deal for people. I agree with her, that ringing in another year can have it's downsides (like neighbors screaming, banging on pots and pans, and shooting off noise rockets). But there's something special about it, too.

It's a new year. It's time for starting fresh, for changing things you haven't been able to change. Habits are hard to form, and old habits are hard to break. The New Year gives people a nice date to mark, a day to say "I can start doing this NOW" and have a chance of being able to do it. Because it's the new year. What better time to start new things in life then at the beginning of a new year?

My resolutions list could easily stretch a mile long. Eat better, exercise, lose weight, spend more time studying my religion, read more, game less, write every day, do all my homework the day it's assigned, etc.

But I'm not going to. Once you start laying things out in a long To Do list, they start to build up, grow, expand, until the reasonable suddenly seems impossible, you lose heart, and all those resolutions go out the window. So, no long list for me this year. Just a couple.

Take better care of myself
Finish (completely, polishing and everything) WT: Hunted

Happy New Years, everyone. I hope you have a manageable resolutions list, and find the strength of will and courage to do it, and keep doing it all year round.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, hon! And yes, I second the resolution on polishing, refining and overall producing an awesome draft of current WIPs. This one of Light will be rocking :)

    ReplyDelete