Saturday, January 9, 2010

Exciting News

It's paid for. It's confirmed. It's official and there's no going back. This May, I'll be attending the Backspace Writers Conference in New York City. Every time I think about it, I get really excited, and slightly sick to my stomach. I've never been to NYC, and there's a chance that I might end up going alone. I don't deal well with new experiences when I don't have someone to lean against and share it with.

Social anxieties for the fail.

Anyway! My goal is to get my current version of Jacky finished and polished before the conference. With school, it'll be tight, but doable. I'd also like to chew through this box of unread books I have lurking in my office closet.

A list of titles will come in another blog in the near future.

Excited. This is going to be such an adventure and (hopefully) a good opportunity. Here's hoping Dystophil will be able to join me. Because, lets face it, adventures are best when shared.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, this is TOTALLY exciting. As long as my Green Card stuff works out how it's supposed to, I'll absolutely join you and we'll have a blast in NYC. Good Times :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot Gratz! Glad to hear it. Have fun and you'll be fine if you have to go by yourself. I know ya will still have a blast. I've always wanted to go to NYC take lots of pictures and make sure when you cross the street to be in the middle. My friend Liz said if your not you can get hit by a car.

    ReplyDelete