Monday, August 16, 2010

A Writer's Guide to Abbreviations

As I've submerged myself deeper into the massive world of writers, I've come across a surprising number of abbreviations. A lot of these I hadn't heard of until I asked the wonderful peeps at the Absolute Write forums for some of their favorite abbreviations. (Thanks for the help everyone!)

The list is (attempting to be) in alphabetical order, and will be an ongoing project. If you have writerly abbreviations you'd like to see on the list, drop a comment!

EF - Epic Fantasy

FMC - Female Main Character

HEA - Happily Ever After

HFN - Happily For Now

LI - Love Interest

MC - Main Character

MMC - Male Main Character

MG - Middle Grade

POV - Point of View

RST - Resolved Sexual Tension

SNI - Shiny New Idea

UF - Urban Fantasy

UST - Unresolved Sexual Tension

WIP - Work in Progress

YA - Young Adult

1 comment:

  1. A couple to add here:

    EF - Epic Fantasy

    UST - Unresolved Sexual Tension

    RST - Resolved Sexual Tension

    There are tons more than I can't remember right now, but I'll get back to you on that ;)

    ReplyDelete